By Claudine and Micaela
Buying for Father's Day can be tough. We have put together some great ideas for dad.
1. Team Gear- What guy doesn't love a shirt or hat from his favorite team. The mall is typically crawling with shops that carry the big name pro and college teams gear.
2. Electronics - Men love gadgets. On the high end you could get him an iPod Touch, GPS device or a camera. On the more economic side, try a device charger or iPod holder. We love the floating waterproof iPod dock or an oversized universal remote. These gizmos are typically found in Target, Best Buy or Bed, Bath & Beyond.
3. Spa - Yes even real men are allowed to get some TLC from time to time. A gift certificate from the Grooming Lounge or a local spa with a good reputation should fit the bill.
4. Evening Out - Book a sitter and go to his favorite restaurant.
5. Wine Or Beer Club - Depending on the palette, a wine or beer club can be an awesome gift.
6. Hall Pass - This is by far the easiest gift to put together. Grab a sheet of parchment paper or just construction paper and type or have the kids draw a nice note giving your spouse a "Hall Pass" to take advantage of an afternoon, day or weekend when he can escape guilt free. Of course most women will try to make this a quid pro quo situation.
7. Breakfast In Bed - Hey the economy is tough, your spouse already plays golf twice a week and he won't be going to Hooter's in your lifetime. Well...keep it simple. Make it breakfast in bed with a card from the kids.
8. Photo - Pick a great shot of the family and put it in a frame. It will make a nice addition to his office. It is always fun to have a great memory staring at you when you are having an awful day at work! Or print up or create a fun family saying like the one above from Etsy.
9.Grill Gear - Take a Bed, Bath & Beyond coupon and go get him something for the almighty grill or get a more high end grill set at Williams Sonoma.
10. Pottery - If you have older kids you can take them to a local pottery shop and have them make dad or grandpa a cute coffee mug, plate or frame. Chances are it will be around for years to come.
Leave a Reply.
Kid Trips Northern Virginia Edition
Buy New $12.59
About The Blog
Kid Trips' blogs profile fun events and cool family-friendly venues. We focus on regional and national family travel articles.
Blogs Via Email
Links We Love