by Claudine Kurp
I always find the task of coming up with NEW gifts for Father's Day to be a bit difficult. This year I went back to basics and tried to pick items that every dad would love. Here are my favorites in no particular order.
1. Sunglasses - My poor husband has had his glasses kicked off his head by my preschooler more times than I can count. That is what you get when you give into a child that wants to ride on your shoulders all the time! I am thinking either a good pair of Nike sports glasses or classic Ray-Bans.
2. Sports Gear - This is always a fan favorite (pun intended). Hats, umbrellas, t-shirts, etc. all seem to last in my husband's closet for years. Put a twist on it and try to get a high school or college jersey that will evoke some fun memories.
3. Electronics - I selected a Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker to profile. We have had one for a year and I LOVE it! I use it both inside and out and it links seamlessly to my iPad or iPhone. The sound quality is excellent. Other options may be a camera or an iPad preloaded with his favorite eMagazines.
4. Exercise - I am getting the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Heart Rate, Activity Sleep Band. My husband accidentally ran over his Fitbit (NOTE - maybe you should pick a bright color). This time around I am getting the updated version. Take a look at http://www.fitbit.com to see all of the cool features of each product including wireless syncing with a number of smartphones and computers.
5. Dining Out - Pick a fun restaurant and have the family take dad out. Even better, get a sitter and go out the Saturday night before Father's Day.
6. Skincare - Most men tend to overlook moisturizers and facial scrubs. Give dad a product that he will love. Kiehl's Facial Fuel has recently been all over the web as a "must-have" product. I love anything Kiehl's so this will be on my gift list.
7. Clothes - It is always nice to have a crisp new shirt and an elegant tie. Try a bit of color and shop Vineyard Vines for some great summer looks.
8. Game Night - A handsome poker set is always a fun gift. You can sweeten the gift with a promise to host a boys' poker night.
9. Artwork - This gift doesn't need to be expensive. Head over to any craft store and let the kids pick a fun craft to make. You can buy an inexpensive canvas and paints. Head to the backyard and let the kids go nuts creating their own work of art for dad. My husband still has a Garden Hand-Print Stepping-Stone in our yard from 2008. I found this one at Walmart, but Michael's and A.C. Moore also carry something similar.
10. Potluck - Are you short on time and/or funds? Breakfast in bed and a handmade card from the kids can go a long way. Enjoy!
Father's Day is June 21, 2015!
Kid Trips Northern Virginia Edition
Buy New $12.59
About The Blog
Kid Trips' blogs profile fun events and cool family-friendly venues. We focus on regional and national family travel articles.
Blogs Via Email
Links We Love