My daughter really wanted a Mermaid Pillow for Christmas but I dropped the ball and didn't order one in time. Happily, I was redeemed by the arrival of the Love pillow this week. Since she opened it up she can't keep her hands off it. The removable cover has a velvety side that is huggably soft. On the other side, sequins flip with the brush of a finger or a hand to reveal whatever shimmery pink and silver design you want to create.
Being familiar with kids with sensory issues, I am especially impressed by this pillow's ability to engage kids in calming, tactile play. This special purpose hasn't been lost on the company...in fact they have donated pillows to children in hospitals and have designed a special pillow to benefit Autism Speaks (see pick #5 below). Whether used as a calming comfort pillow, inspiring decorative pillow, teaching tool, or an entertaining travel pillow, the reversible sequins beg to be played with.
Now that its close to Valentine's Day, this pillow would be a perfect gift, especially if you are trying to downplay candy and screens. In addition to the Love design there are gift sets in a variety of themes like mermaids, fairies, sharks, and more. Our top gift picks are:
1. For Girls: I just love this message for girls of all ages! This Confidence pillow from the Uplifting Collection would make the perfect addition to a favorite reading nook.
2. For Boys: No matter how adventurous your little guy is, he's gonna need to nap eventually. And what better way to ease him away from screens for some quiet time with these fun pillow friends?
3. For a Travel Pillow: Road-trips just got a make-over with this dual-purpose Foxes Explore pillow. After the kids are finished playing with one side they can flip it over for a just-right-sized travel pillow.
4. For a Graduation Gift: I think this Pandas Achieve set would be perfect for a graduating tween or teen. The set includes a pillow, super soft velvet blanket, and an achieve bracelet.
5. For Autism Awareness: This positive message of the Accept, Understand, Love pillow provides encouragement and support. Kids can use the pillow to practice drawing their letters and numbers and to communicate emotions with simple pictures. Plus, $5.00 of every pillow is donated to Autism Speaks.
Many thanks to the Mermaid Pillow Co. for introducing us to their adorable line of pillows and gifts and for supporting causes near and dear to our hearts such as Autism Speaks. Note: because of the small sequins, the pillows and bracelets are recommended for ages 4+.
The opinions expressed in this blog are my own and do not represent those of the Mermaid Pillow Co.
Kid Trips Northern Virginia Edition
Buy New $12.59
About The Blog
Kid Trips' blogs profile fun events and cool family-friendly venues. We focus on regional and national family travel articles.
Blogs Via Email
Links We Love