I am unfortunately NOT crafty, but I adore finding unique gifts for family members and friends during the holiday season. These local events are filled with treasures and upscale items. Be sure to support local artisans this holiday season by attending one or more of these great events!
Read some of our top picks here:
• Northern Virginia Christmas Market, November 8-10, 2013, Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly, VA, $8 per person, kids under 12 free. Receive $1 off admission by bringing a canned food donation for the Capital Area Food Bank. Furnishings, food gifts, textiles, and lots more. Info at http://www.emgshows.com/.
• Craft Show at Woodson High School, November 9, 2013 Woodson High School, Fairfax, VA, Free admission, benefits Woodson High School Crew Boosters
• The Fourth Annual Handmade Holiday Craft Fair, November 16, 2013, TC Williams High School, Alexandria. This event will be host to over 45 local, handmade vendors, club and class-run food booths, and more! This craft fair raises money for Joining Hearts and Hands, an organization that builds schools and promotes economic improvements in Kenya and Tanzania.
• City of Fairfax Holiday Craft Show, November 16-17, 2013, Fairfax High School, Fairfax, VA, $5 per day or $8 for a two-day pass. Under 18 is free. One of the area's premier craft shows featuring artisans from all over the US. Visit the website to watch a video promo.
• Vienna 31st Annual Arts and Crafts Show, Thanksgiving Weekend 2013, 120 Cherry Street, SE, Vienna, VA, $3 admission, More than 80 juried artisans spread over three floors! Part of the Northern Virginia Handcrafters Guild
• McLean Holiday Crafts Show, December 6-8, 2013 McLean Community Center, $3 adults, $1 for children under 13. 80 fine artisans from across the country convene for this highly-regarded and much- anticipated juried show. This show features fiber arts, wood, ceramics and pottery, jewelry, glass, holiday decor, items for children, gourmet foods, paper art, photography, soft sculpture, paintings and drawings and more!
• DelRay Artisans Fine Arts and Crafts Holiday Market, three weekends: December 6-8, December 13-15 and December 20-22, 2013, Nicholas A. Colasanto Center,2704 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria, VA, The Market offers unique handmade fine arts and fine crafts from local artists (including pottery / ceramics, photography, jewelry, cloth, paper crafts, and glass).Admission is free! All artists donate a percentage of their sales to help support Del Ray Artisans' mission to promote art for the benefit of artists and the community.
• Wakefield Park Holiday Arts and Crafts Show, December 7-8, 2013 Audrey Moore RECenter at Wakefield Park, 8100 Braddock Rd., Annandale, VA, $3 admission. One of the longest-running shows in the region with over 60 juried vendors including ceramics, decorative items, pottery, fused and stained glass, clothing, textiles, painting, photography, metals, wood work, and more.
• Leesburg Holiday Fine Arts and Crafts Show, December 7-8, 2013, Ida Lee Recreation Center, 60 Ida Lee Dr. NW, Leesburg, VA, Free Admission. This show features over 90 fine artisans and a variety of hand-crafted products.
• Sugarloaf Craft Festival, December 13-15, 2013; Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly, VA, $10 per person at the door, $8 per person online, kids under 12 free. This is a gigantic festival with over 300 artisans, live demonstrations, gourmet food, and more. Festival also includes children's activities and entertainment.
Do you have a local craft fair to add? Please email email@example.com, and we just might add it to our list. If you are interested in featuring your craft fair or festival in an ad, featured article, or in our e-newsletter, please email us for advertising options.
7/25/2014 05:36:13 am
I am interested in being a vendor at the craft fairs. I create button bracelets made with unique new and antique buttons, beads and finding, I love the magic of buttons and want to spread the magic!
Leave a Reply.
Kid Trips Northern Virginia Edition
Buy New $12.59
About The Blog
Kid Trips' blogs profile fun events and cool family-friendly venues. We focus on regional and national family travel articles.
Blogs Via Email
Links We Love