We frequently get emails from fans on a budget asking what are the best FREE things to do with kids in the Northern Virginia area this summer. We channeled our inner David Letterman and created this exclusive top ten list. Enjoy!
1) Splash for free in a sprayground/interactive fountain. (See our book for detailed descriptions of the many free spraygrounds and play fountains in our area!)
2) Honor our nation's rich military accomplishments by visiting The National Museum of the Marine Corps.
3) Watch a free outdoor movie. We've got a great roundup of free, family friendly (rated G & PG) movies here.
4) Bring your little bookworms to a story time. We recommend these seven favorite free story times in an article we wrote for Northern Virginia Magazine.
5) Discover a new playground by searching the remarkable list on NoVA Outdoors. We love detailed photo reviews and finding out which playgrounds offer shade from the warm summer sun!
6) Visit some animals for free at Frying Pan Farm Park or one of these great local nature centers:
7) Get entertained for without paying for a ticket at some of these concerts and events for children. Browse through and mark your calendars:
9) Play indoors for FREE at the Play N'Learn Superstore in Chantilly or rock out in roller skates with free skating at the Skate N' Fun Zone in Manassas (skate rental fees apply.)
10) Build and create something at these locations:
Want more ideas? Order our acclaimed, 226 page book Kid Trips Northern Virginia Edition on Amazon today. This is the first and only family travel book to the area. Makes a great gift for a friend or new parent too!
Kid Trips Northern Virginia Edition
Buy New $12.59
About The Blog
Kid Trips' blogs profile fun events and cool family-friendly venues. We focus on regional and national family travel articles.
Blogs Via Email
Links We Love